The 4th of July is only a couple of weeks away, so it’s time to start thinking of how you plan to celebrate this patriotic holiday. A lot of people are off of work and kids are out of school, so how about hosting a 4th of July barbecue in Orlando. Invite friends and family over to your favorite local park in Orlando, and celebrate patriotism with American food and fun. Here are some tips to planning your patriotic picnic for the 4th of July in Orlando.
- Set off fireworks. Bottle rockets, cherry bombs, party poppers and firecrackers are traditional fireworks that are sure to keep your guests happy. If you’re comfortable with them, go for it (provided, of course, that they’re legal in your city and that you have a responsible person in charge).
- Sports. If you have space, start a game. Football, tug-of-war, volleyball and frisbee provide all-ages fun while you’re cooking up the meal. Kids can be entertained by tag, hide-and-seek and catch.
- Music. Assemble a playlist and pull out the stereo. Since this is the most patriotic holiday of the year, gather as many musical references to America as you can. If you’re feeling really ambitious, hire some local musicians to play some acoustic jams.
- Charcoal or a full propane tank, depending on what kind of grill you’re using.
- Fresh hamburger, chicken, pork, hot dogs and buns. Don’t skimp on the ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce!
- Greens, corn-on-the-cob, chips and potato salad will appeal to those who don’t want meat.
- Ice cream, preferably with a side of red, white and blue frosted cake.
- Water, soda pop, iced tea and, if you’re so inclined, an assortment of beer and wine.
- Weigh the parking and restroom options. If you live in a tight residential area and/or have a smaller home, you may want to limit the number of invitees.
- Make sure you have enough tables and chairs for everyone.
These tips are a great source for making sure you have everything you need for the perfect picnic. What are some must-haves for your picnic? Tell us in a comment.
Photo Credit: Rubbermaid Products